Categorized | Entertainment

Haiti Police Dismiss Wyclef Jean’s Claims Of Being Shot, Say He Cut Hand On Glass

Haitian police are denying reports that singer Wyclef Jean was shot this weekend and instead claim the former Fugee was cut by glass.

As previously reported, Wyclef issued a statement saying that he was shot in the hand while visiting the country of the eve of Presidential elections.

According to Wyclef, he was exiting a vehicle to make a phone call when an unidentified assailant shot him in the hand around 11 p.m. Saturday.

“The way I can explain it is that the bullet grazed me in my right hand. I heard blow, blow, blow and I just looked at my hand,” he said.

Local police however have dismissed Wyclef’s claims and say he was only cut by glass, not struck by a bullet.

“We met with the doctor who saw him and he confirmed Wyclef was cut by glass,” Vanel Lacroix, police chief in Petionville, told the Daily Mail.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

FSB Office Hours

Monday 9:00 AM 4:00 PM
Tuesday 9:00 AM 4:00 PM
Wednesday 9:00 AM 4:00 PM
Thursday 9:00 AM 2:00 PM
Friday Closed
Saturday Closed
Sunday Closed

Categories

80th Anniversary Ad

Online Color Edition

How George Johnson Sr. Built his $75M Afro Sheen Empire, Funded Soul Train, & Went Public

Ads

Lottery Education Banner
Tampa Spine & Wellness
QR Codes For App

Categories