Categorized | Local News

Developer And Tampa Housing Authority Break Ground On Rome Yard

 Rome Yard

 

    The Miami-based Related Urban Development Group and the Tampa Housing Authority broke ground on the Rome Yards, a prime 18-acre piece of city-owned property on Tuesday (May 21).

   The first phase of the project will include a workforce training center as well as the 11-story, 234-unit Gallery at Rome Yards.

       According to the plan, 80% of the units (roughly 180+ apts.),  will be reserved for households at or below 80% of the area median income, and the remaining 20% will be reserved for workforce housing. Rome Yards is a former city maintenance yard south of Columbus Drive between Rome Avenue and the Hillsborough River.

    At completion, Rome Yards will include 954 units of mixed-income housing and 33,605 square feet of commercial space. Gallery at Rome Yards is a $94 million project; the total development costs of Rome Yards is around $300 million.

   Gallery at Rome Yards will also include live-work units for artists and entrepreneurs.

Photo in 5-24

 

     Rendering of Rome Yards.

Comments are closed.

Business Hours

Monday 9:00 AM 4:00 PM
Tuesday 9:00 AM 4:00 PM
Wednesday 9:00 AM 4:00 PM
Thursday 9:00 AM 2:00 PM
Friday Closed
Saturday Closed
Sunday Closed

Categories

Online Color Edition

Front Page 6-7-24

Ads

Lottery Education Banner
Tampa Spine & Wellness
Vilfort Chiropractic
South State Bank