Archive | Entertainment

Lil Wayne Nominated For 18 BET Hip-Hop Awards

Lil Wayne Nominated For 18 BET Hip-Hop Awards

ATLANTA Rapper Lil Wayne easily topped the charts this week with his latest album. Now the self-proclaimed “Best Rapper Alive” has the most nominations for the BET Hip-Hop Awards.

His 18 nominations include MVP of the Year, Best Live Performer and Hustler of the Year.

Lil Wayne’s album Tha Carter IV debuted Aug. 29 at No. 1 on Billboard’s Top 200 charts, selling 964,000 for the second-best first-week sales of the year behind Lady Gaga.

 

Lil Wayne Cleared Of $5.6 Million Tax Lien

Lil Wayne apparently used some of that baby money to get himself out of trouble with the IRS.The Young Money CEO has squared a $5.6 Million debt to Uncle Sam over a tax lien filed back in March, according to Detroit News.

As previously reported, Weezy was hit with the lien back in March. The millions owed stem from his $12 million dollar mansion, currently up for sale.

Posted in Entertainment0 Comments

Eddie Murphy May Host The Oscars

Eddie Murphy May Host The Oscars

LOS ANGELES — Actor and comedian Eddie Murphy is in talks to host the 2012 Academy Awards Show.

Murphy was nominated for an Oscar in 2006 for Dreamgirls and had previously hosted the MTV Video Music Awards in 1985.

The Oscars will be produced by Brett Rattner who directed Rush Hour and X-Men: Last Stand,  and recently worked with Murphy on Tower Heist which will be released later this year.

Posted in Entertainment0 Comments

T.I.'s Wife, Tiny Says Prison Officials Posed For Pictures With Tour Bus

T.I.’s Wife, Tiny Says Prison Officials Posed For Pictures With Tour Bus

T.I.’s  wife, Tiny is calling out Arkansas prison officials after she says they posed for pictures near T.I.’s lavish tour bus that’s apparently landed him back behind bars.

T.I.’s wife said that multiple prison officials actually saw the tour bus that picked up the rapper and even took photos with T.I. in front of it without raising an issue. According to Tiny, when the bus rolled up to the Arkansas prison, officials “Walked him over, took pics and told him good luck in life.”

Officials now say, however, that the rapper only informed officials he would be traveling in a van and not a tricked out tour bus.

Posted in Entertainment0 Comments

Jada Pinkett Smith's Show 'HawthoRNe' Canceled

Jada Pinkett Smith’s Show ‘HawthoRNe’ Canceled

It hasn’t been a good two weeks for Jada Pinkett Smith.

Last week, the actress/metal singer had to fend off a report that she and husband, Will Smith were separating, with one report claiming that she had an affair with Marc Anthony.

Now, she’s announced that the TNT medical drama has been canceled after three seasons.

Posted in Entertainment0 Comments

‘Tha Carter IV’ Shatters ‘Watch The Throne's’ First Week iTunes Sales Record

‘Tha Carter IV’ Shatters ‘Watch The Throne’s’ First Week iTunes Sales Record

In just four days since its release, Lil Wayne’s Tha Carter IV has shattered a iTunes record for first week sales set previously by Jay-Z and Kanye West’s collaborative LP Watch The Throne.

According to HHNM, Wayne has moved more than 300,000 copies of C4 in the digital music store in just for days, surpassing a record breaking seven day span for WTT which moved 290,000.

The fourth installment of Wayne’s Tha Carter series is now expected to move between 925,000 and 975,000 copies. Previous estimates had the album selling up to 900,000 units.

Posted in Entertainment0 Comments

Jay-Z's 40/40 Club Under Fire

Jay-Z’s 40/40 Club Under Fire

Jay-Z’s flagship NYC 40/40 Club is under renovation and under fire from the New York City District Council of Carpenters.

The union is claiming that the company which was hired to make those renovations, Conelle Construction Corp., “does not meet area labor standards, including providing or fully paying for family healthcare and pension for all of its carpenter craft employees,” according to a statement.

The NYCDCC also claims Conelle Construction Corp. is paying its workers “substandard wage” and hold owner Jay-Z responsible saying the rapper “has an obligation to see that area labor standard are met for construction work on their future location.”

Protestors have placed four nearly twenty foot blown up rats facing the club. There is also a banner-sized sign that reads: Shame On The 40/40 Club (Jay-Z) For Hurting New York City.

This is not the first time Jigga has come under fire for his club’s alleged shady practices. Jay was sued by workers at the flagship location back in 2008 for allegedly violating minimum wage laws.

The 40/40 club is expected to reopen its doors November 1.

Posted in Entertainment0 Comments

Chris Brown Rewards Fan For Returning $22,000 Rolex Watch

Chris Brown Rewards Fan For Returning $22,000 Rolex Watch

Chris Brown lucked up when his $22,000 Rolex watch, which was accidentally tossed in the crowd during his MTV VMAs performance last week, was returned by a loyal fan.

The star singer has since found this fan, and for returning his expensive Rolex, Brown has rewarded the fan by inviting her to his upcoming show in Cincinnati, Ohio.

Posted in Entertainment0 Comments

T.I. Back In Custody For Using Luxury Bus To Report To Halfway House

T.I. Back In Custody For Using Luxury Bus To Report To Halfway House

ATLANTA — Grammy-winning rapper T.I., who was moved to a halfway house this week after months in prison, is locked up again at a federal penitentiary, with his lawyer citing a flap over using a luxury bus to report to a halfway house.

The Federal Bureau of Prisons website Friday shows the rapper at the Atlanta penitentiary with a release date of Sept. 29.

The 30-year-old T.I., whose real name is Clifford Harris, was released from a federal lockup in Arkansas on Wednesday and made the 375-mile trip to Atlanta in a gleaming motor coach. His attorney, Steve Sadow, told The Associated Press late Thursday that federal officials moved T.I. because of an issue involving his transportation to Atlanta.

T.I. had been serving time for violating probation in a weapons case.

Posted in Entertainment0 Comments

Rihanna Sues Beverly Hills Homeowner

Rihanna Sues Beverly Hills Homeowner

Singer Rihanna isn’t too happy with a Beverly Hills home she purchased in 2009.

Rihanna is suing over a hillside home that she claims has serious structural defects that rendered in uninhabitable.

The pop singer on Wednesday sued Prudential California Realty and several companies that designed and inspected the home. The S&M singer’s lawsuit claims she would not have paid $6.9 million for the home in 2009 if she had known about the problems.

She claims water leaked into several rooms of the house from a balcony that lacks the proper slope and drainage after a rainstorm in early 2010. The suit states the damage left the home “uninhabitable.”

She claims Landmark Design Group, which remodeled the home, has failed to make necessary repairs.

Posted in Entertainment0 Comments

FSB Office Hours

Monday 9:00 AM 4:00 PM
Tuesday 9:00 AM 4:00 PM
Wednesday 9:00 AM 4:00 PM
Thursday 9:00 AM 2:00 PM
Friday Closed
Saturday Closed
Sunday Closed

Categories

80th Anniversary Ad

Online Color Edition

How George Johnson Sr. Built his $75M Afro Sheen Empire, Funded Soul Train, & Went Public

Ads

Lottery Education Banner
Tampa Spine & Wellness
QR Codes For App

Categories