Archive | Entertainment

Mariah And Nick Parents Of Twins

Mariah And Nick Parents Of Twins

NEW YORK — Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon celebrated their third anniversary with another milestone — becoming parents to a baby girl and boy.
Carey’s representative, Cindi Berger, confirmed the births to The Associated Press. The singing superstar gave birth Saturday at 12:07 p.m. EDT at an undisclosed hospital in Los Angeles. Berger says the baby girl was born first, weighing 5 pounds, 3 ounces, and was 18 inches long; her brother was next, at 5 pounds 6 ounces, and was 19 inches.

Berger says the couple has not named the children yet. Cannon drove Carey to the hospital in their Rolls-Royce Phantom. Berger said the 41-year-old Carey, who had gone through false labor, was calm, thinking that it was another false alarm.

Meanwhile, the 30-year-old Cannon was so nervous he went to the wrong department at the hospital, and was guided to the maternity ward by a nurse.
“It was like right out of an ‘I Love Lucy’ skit,” said Berger.

Berger says they were listening to Carey’s “We Belong Together” after the children were born.

The couple are expected to renew their wedding vows on Sunday. The pair got married in 2007 after a whirlwind romance. They were the subject of endless baby rumors, and the couple actually were expecting shortly after their marriage, but Carey had a miscarriage; they did not reveal the miscarriage until she announced her pregnancy last fall.

The couple plan to live a bi-coastal life, and have luxurious nurseries in both New York and Los Angeles.

As far as more children, Carey recently declared she’s done.

Posted in Entertainment0 Comments

Waka Flocka Starring  In ‘Juice’ Remake  With Soulja Boy

Waka Flocka Starring In ‘Juice’ Remake With Soulja Boy

Soulja Boy is continuing to add to the already all-star cast for his upcoming “Juice” remake now that he’s announced Waka Flocka Flame as his latest co-star.

As previously reported, the SODMG head is reprising Tupac’s role of Bishop in the ’92 classic and has been spotted donning the character’s signature hair-cut.

Now in an interview with Rap-Up, Soulja revealed that joining him in the mini-movie would be 1017 Bricksquad member Waka Flocka.

According to SB, the movie’s already starting filming and now Waka’s on board.

“We’ve been filming here in Atlanta. Waka Flocka’s gonna be in the movie. It’s gonna be crazy. He called, he reached out. We met up with the director. Now I’m almost to the stages where I just gotta finish these last three shoots and then I’ll be cool.”

When asked why he opted to add Flocka, he responded, “I think it was a good idea to bring him on board because the director was trying to get me to put some rappers in it, and he was naming a lot of different rappers. I just felt like if I was gonna put anybody inthe movie, it should make sense and be somebody that I really got a relationship with in the rap game, for real […] He’s gonna be a member of my crew and we’re gonna be like this upcoming group in Atlanta. It’s gonna be four of us and we’re gonna be going against this rival crew.”

Soulja Boy previously made mention that Dipset rapper Cam’ron would also be featured.

Posted in Entertainment0 Comments

House Of Payne Canceled After 5 Year Run

House Of Payne Canceled After 5 Year Run

Tyler Perry’s fledgling comedy ‘House of Payne’ will come to an end this year. According to Perry, breaking the news Tuesday, the series has taught him a lot about television.

“Working on House of Payne taught me a lot about what it takes to make a successful television series,” Perry said Tuesday, citing a new series slated to begin production this summer.

Over the years ‘Payne’ has garnered consistent recognition from viewers and organizations such as the NAACP. In the show’s five year history, it garnered over ten NAACP Image Awards including Outstanding Comedy Series, Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series for actor Lance Gross and Outstanding Actress In a Comedy Series for Cassi Davis (‘Madea’s Big Happy Family’).

‘House of Payne,’ which premiered in 2006, will close at 222 episodes this year, making way for Perry’s forthcoming series ‘For Better or Worse’.

LaVan Davis, Keshia Knight Pulliam, Demetria McKinney, Larramie Doc Shaw, Allen Payne, China Anne McClain, and Cedric Pendleton also starred in the series.

Posted in Entertainment0 Comments

Oprah's In For  A Big Surprise In 'Farewell Spectacular'

Oprah’s In For A Big Surprise In ‘Farewell Spectacular’

Oprah Winfrey loves to surprise her audiences when it comes to announcing personal secrets, offering big ticket prizes or transporting them across the globe, but she’ll soon be the one on the receiving end of the shockers as some of the biggest names in show business gather to give the talk titan a send-off to remember.

“Surprise Oprah! A Farewell Spectacular” will celebrate the close of Winfrey’s 25–year daytime TV run. The special event is set to tape at Chicago’s United Center on May 17, but the all-important celebrity guest list will remain strictly hush-hush until the big day.

“As most of our viewers know, being surprised is not one of Oprah’s favorite things. In the spirit of our farewell season, she is making a rare exception and we intend to make the most of that opportunity,” Sheri Salata, executive producer of “The Oprah Winfrey Show” said in a statement. “It will be something to see!”

The tribute will mark the first time Winfrey has lifted her longstanding “no surprise” policy since it went into effect. The queen of talk put a moratorium on host-shocks after her idol, Mary Tyler Moore, paid an unexpected on-set visit in 1997.

“I went into the ugly cry on the air (and) I made a rule that I was never to be surprised again on air,” Winfrey explained in a 2010 interview with TV Guide magazine. “I don’t want to lose that kind of control. If you’ve ever looked at that tape, snot’s running out of my nose, and I had such a headache that I couldn’t focus. I don’t handle surprise very well.”

The “Surprise Oprah!” event airs on May 23 and 24. The final episode of “The Oprah Winfrey Show” airs May 25.

Posted in Entertainment0 Comments

'Fast Five' Races To Biggest Opening  Of The Year

‘Fast Five’ Races To Biggest Opening Of The Year

LOS ANGELES — “Fast Five” has left the competition in the dust with an $83.6 million debut to grab the No. 1 spot at the weekend box office, according to studio estimates Sunday.

Universal Pictures’ fifth movie in “The Fast and the Furious” franchise was by far this year’s biggest opening. Its take was more than double the previous best of $39.2 million for “Rio,” the 20th Century Fox animated hit that slipped to No. 2 with $14.4 million.

The No. 1 movie the two previous weekends, “Rio” raised its total to $103.6 million.

“Fast Five” set a record for best April debut ever, speeding past the $71 million haul of its predecessor, “Fast & Furious,” two years ago.

The movie reteams stars Vin Diesel and Paul Walker as outlaw driving aces and adds Dwayne Johnson as a federal agent on their tail. The action expands beyond the franchise’s traditional racing scene into a broad crime romp.

“Fast Five” played in 3,644 theaters, averaging a mammoth $22,950 a cinema.

Ten percent, or $8.3 million, of domestic revenues for “Fast Five” came from huge-screen IMAX theaters.

Box Office Results
1. “Fast Five,” $83.6 million.
2. “Rio,” $14.4 million.
3. “Tyler Perry’s Madea’s Big Happy Family,” $10.1 million.
4. “Water for Elephants,” $9.1 million.
5. “Prom,” $5 million.
6. “Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil,” $4.1 million.
7. “Soul Surfer,” $3.3 million.
8. “Insidious,” $2.7 million.
9. “Hop,” $2.6 million.
10. “Source Code,” $2.5 million.

Posted in Entertainment0 Comments

Kanye West Reportedly Invited To The  Royal Wedding

Kanye West Reportedly Invited To The Royal Wedding

The guest list for Prince William’s upcoming nuptials has been released and even though the president and first lady didn’t make the cut, it appears that Kanye West did. The Chicago emcee’s named popped up on the list which includes nearly 1,900 attendees, many of whom are noted as colleagues of royal family.

Elton John and David and Victoria Beckham were among the other celebrities invited to attend the wedding. Prince William and Middleton will tie the knot Friday, April 29, at London’s famed Westminster Abbey.

Posted in Entertainment0 Comments

Beyonce And Jay-Z To Perform At Royal Wedding Reception?

Beyonce And Jay-Z To Perform At Royal Wedding Reception?

Prince William liked it so he put a ring on it, but did he also ask Beyonce and Jay-Z to perform at his wedding reception? That’s the buzz.

A source close to the royals says, “Both William and Kate are massive fans of Beyonce and Jay-Z. They really wanted to make their big day even more special and what better way than by getting pop royalty to perform at the party?”

The Palace did not confirm or deny the rumor, and reps for Jay-Z and Beyonce did not respond.

Posted in Entertainment0 Comments

Tyler Perry On Spike Lee Spat: 'I'm Gonna Stay Above It'

Tyler Perry On Spike Lee Spat: ‘I’m Gonna Stay Above It’

During a press conference in Los Angeles last week, Tyler Perry lashed out at a reporter’s question, exclaiming “I’m so sick of hearing about damn Spike Lee. Spike can go straight to hell!” Perry’s frustration stemmed back to comments Lee made in a 2009 interview.

This week, the latest round in the Tyler Perry vs. Spike Lee feud began.

In a recent interview with Extra host Mario Lopez, the ‘Madea’s Big Happy Family’ director discussed the comments he made about Lee saying, “I was just pissed off at some things that Spike Lee said, you know, about a coon and a buffoon and those kinds of things, but I’m just gonna stay above it. I’m gonna keep doing what I do, and I’m gonna focus on the millions that love it and not the five that don’t.”

Posted in Entertainment0 Comments

Ice-T And Coco Land New Reality Show

Ice-T And Coco Land New Reality Show

Gangster rapper turned actor Ice-T will now test the reality show waters as he and his voluptuous wife, CoCo will let the cameras follow them around for a new show titled, ‘Ice Loves Coco’ that will air on the E! network.

The series will give the audience an in depth look into the relationship between the two media draws as CoCo seeks to expand her professional career.

The show is scheduled to air in June on E!.

Posted in Entertainment0 Comments

FSB Office Hours

Monday 9:00 AM 4:00 PM
Tuesday 9:00 AM 4:00 PM
Wednesday 9:00 AM 4:00 PM
Thursday 9:00 AM 2:00 PM
Friday Closed
Saturday Closed
Sunday Closed

Categories

80th Anniversary Ad

Online Color Edition

How George Johnson Sr. Built his $75M Afro Sheen Empire, Funded Soul Train, & Went Public

Ads

Lottery Education Banner
Tampa Spine & Wellness
QR Codes For App

Categories