Posted on 21 July 2011.
Lil Wayne is not on one. His sobriety sentence mandated by the government says that the Young Money CEO can’t be on anything until 2013.
Weezy has instituted a zero-tolerance no-alcohol policy backstage and on his tour bus. A rep for Wayne stated that there will still be alcohol served at the venue, but backstage will continue to be dry.
The sentence began in November and will last for three years.
Posted in Entertainment
Posted on 18 July 2011.
Jennifer Lopez and her husband, Marc Anthony are splitting after seven years of marriage.
“We have decided to end our marriage,” Lopez and Anthony revealed via a joint statement. “This was a very difficult decision. We have come to an amicable conclusion on all matters. It is a painful time for all involved, and we appreciate the respect of our privacy at this time.”
The two Latin superstars married in June 2004, and have two children, 3-year-old twins, Max and Emme.
We didn’t see this coming, but if Diddy still needs a girl, it looks like his old flame is back on the market.
Posted in Entertainment
Posted on 18 July 2011.
LOS ANGELES — The final “Harry Potter” film shattered box office records worldwide with a whopping $168.6 million in U.S. and Canadian ticket sales over the opening weekend and nearly $476 million globally.
The staggering domestic total for “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows — Part 2” is the best three-day opening for a film ever, distributor Warner Bros said on Sunday. It beat the previous record of $158.4 million over the initial three days for the 2008 Batman movie, “The Dark Knight.”
Internationally, the finale for “Harry Potter” captured $307 million in 59 countries since it opened last week, another record. That includes weekend sales plus Wednesday and Thursday for some markets.
“Harry Potter,” already the highest-grossing film franchise ever with over $6.4 billion in global ticket sales, is based on the novels of British author J.K. Rowling.
Posted in Entertainment
Posted on 18 July 2011.
NEW YORK — Mathew Knowles insists he still has an amicable relationship with his daughter, Beyonce — even though she dumped him as her manager two months ago — but is alleging that people close to her have tried to destroy his reputation with allegations that he stole from her.
Knowles filed papers in a Texas court this week alleging that members of Beyonce’s camp, which he says includes her label, Columbia Records, Live Nation and her superstar husband Jay-Z’s Roc Nation, have made “negative comments about me.”
“We absolutely have not taken any money from Beyonce, and all dollars will be accounted for,” he said. “In no way have we stole money. Again, this about the people who have made these claims — they have to come into the light.”
Knowles guided his daughter’s career since she was child, first to superstardom as part of the group Destiny’s Child, and then as she continued with her blockbuster solo career. Beyonce has sold millions of records, won numerous Grammys, is a lucrative spokeswoman for different products, and has also had considerable success in film with movies like the Oscar-winning “Dreamgirls” and the movie “Obsessed.”
Posted in Entertainment
Posted on 18 July 2011.
DETROIT — A longtime songwriting partner of Aretha Franklin has sued her publish company, claiming it did not sign a royalty agreement for a song on her recently released album.
The suit filed in U.S. District Court in Detroit by Norman D. West also accuses Springtime Publishing Inc., of copyright infringement over an earlier song and seeks unspecified damages to ensure future royalties.
West said no royalty agreement was signed for “Put It Back Together Again.” That song and “New Day,” which West said he co-wrote, appear on “Aretha: A Woman Falling Out of Love.” The CD was released this spring — her first studio album in about eight years.
West, 45, and Franklin have worked together on songs for more than 20 years. His lawsuit asks a judge to order Springtime Publishing to sign the royalty agreement.
Posted in Entertainment
Posted on 18 July 2011.
BURBANK, CA — Prosecutors say rapper Tone Loc has pleaded not guilty to a felony domestic violence charge stemming from an arrest earlier this year.
The artist, whose real name is Anthony Smith, entered the plea in a Burbank, Calif., courthouse on Thursday. Known for the hits “Wild Thing” and “Funky Cold Medina,” Smith was arrested in the city which is north of Los Angeles on June 18.
He also faces a felony possession of an assault weapon charge because Burbank police discovered the rapper has an unregistered Colt AR-15 rifle. He returns to court on July 28.
Police have released few details about the 45-year-old’s arrest, saying only that he was taken into custody after a woman accused him of assault.
Posted in Entertainment
Posted on 18 July 2011.
NEW YORK — The controversy surrounding Chris Brown due to alleged gay slurs and rumored issues with Drake has not stopped Breezy’s fans from supporting him.
Over 18,000 of Brown’s followers showed up to see him perform live on the Today Show and actually set a record for attendance.
Many of them camped outside since Thursday holding signs that read “Team Breezy.” Chris performed hits off his F.A.M.E. album and a few other classics for the record breaking audience.
Posted in Entertainment
Posted on 14 July 2011.
Singer Monica and her husband, L.A. Lakers shooting guard Shannon Brown, were married for the second time on Saturday, and this time around their friends and families were there to help celebrate.
The couple, who have been together since 2010, were secretly married in November, but they decided to profess their love for each other in front of hundreds of guests at L.A.’s 19th century cathedral, Vibiana.
A lavish, purple-and-blue-themed reception followed the ceremony, where Kobe Bryant, Lala Vazquez and Carmelo Anthony were just some of the notable guests.
The happy couple first met last year on the set of the singer’s music video for ‘Love All Over Me,’ and were engaged in October 2010 after just a few months of dating. Brown revealed the couple’s quiet wedding during a post-game interview in January.
Monica has two sons, Romelo, 3, and Rodney Jr., 6, with ex-boyfriend Rodney “Rocko” Hill, and Brown also has a young son from a previous relationship.
Posted in Entertainment
Posted on 14 July 2011.
Usher closed out the first day of the Essence Music Festival on July 1, with a rousing two hour performance in which he paid homage to the late Michael Jackson.
Shocking the audience with his entrance, the Grammy winner emerged from a platform in the middle of the New Orleans Superdome high above the crowd, before breaking into his set.
Amidst four costume changes, and nearing the end of his show, Usher honored the two year anniversary of Jackson’s death. “Six days ago marks the death of Michael Jackson,” he said. “I’d like to pay tribute to him, is that all right with you guys?”
He asked before breaking into a dance sequence to the King of Pop’s hits ‘Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough,’ ‘Rock With You‘ and ‘Billy Jean,’ while trying his hand at mimicking Jackson’s moonwalk.
Posted in Entertainment