Posted on 09 May 2024.

Odell Beckham Jr.
Odell Beckham Jr. has finally landed with a new team.
Beckham on Friday agreed to a deal with the Miami Dolphins, according to Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero of NFL Network. The contract is worth up to $8.25 million for the 2024 season.
Rapoport notes that at least one other team offered Beckham more money, but the veteran wide receiver felt the Dolphins were a better fit for him.
Posted in Sports
Posted on 07 May 2024.

Caleb Williams

Jayden Daniels

Michael Penix Jr.
Quarterback Caleb Williams (left) with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell (right)
DETROIT – In yet another draft highlighting the rise of Black quarterbacks in the NFL, the Chicago Bears chose former USC star passer Caleb Williams with the first overall selection Thursday night, and Jayden Daniels and Michael Penix Jr. also were top-10 picks.
In a long-expected move, the Bears acquired the rights of a player whom they view as a generational talent and the cornerstone of the franchise’s future success. The Washington Commanders and Atlanta Falcons now believe they’re also well-positioned long-term at the most important position in sports.
One pick after the Bears got Williams, the Commanders selected Daniels, the former LSU star and 2023 Heisman winner, second overall. Then in the first surprising move of the seven-round, three-day draft, the Falcons used the eighth overall pick to take Penix, who was the runner-up to Daniels in the 2023 Heisman Trophy voting.
Penix throws a picturesque deep ball and led Washington to the College Football Playoff National Championship game last season, in which it lost to Michigan and finished 14-1. Largely on the strength of his outstanding pro day (he displayed elite arm talent as well as impressive athleticism), Penix shot up draft boards and was widely considered a first-round pick entering the process, NFL player-personnel officials told Andscape last week.
1col
Caleb Williams
Jayden Daniels
Posted in Sports
Posted on 07 May 2024.

Mike Tyson
The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulations is sanctioning the scheduled bout between Mike Tyson and Jake Paul as an official fight. This just got serious. Tyson was clearly upset.
“Mike Tyson and Jake Paul signed on to fight each other with the desire to do so in a sanctioned professional fight that would have a definitive outcome,” Most Valuable Promotions co-founder Nakisa Bidarian said to ESPN’s Andreas Hale. “Over the past six weeks, MVP has worked with its partners to satisfy the requirements of the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulations (TDLR) to sanction Paul vs. Tyson, and we are grateful that we have gotten to this point.”
Tyson reacted to the news on X:
Tyson’s age raised obvious questions about whether this would be an official fight or merely an exhibition. The former heavyweight champion will be 58 when he steps in the ring against Paul, 27, and his last professional fight was all the way back in 2005.
Tyson has since fought in two exhibitions, most recently going the distance for a draw with Roy Jones Jr. in November 2020.
1col
Mike Tyson
Jake Paul
Posted in Sports
Posted on 07 May 2024.

Tank Dell
Houston Texans wide receiver Tank Dell suffered a “minor” injury in a shooting Saturday night that left 10 people injured at a Florida nightclub.
The Texans announced Dell’s injury in a statement Sunday. He was released from the hospital and “in good spirits,” according to the statement.
Aaron Wilson of news station KPRC 2 in Houston reported that Dell was “a victim and innocent bystander in a mass shooting at a nightclub” and was “caught in the crossfire.” He was not involved in the altercation, per the report.
Posted in Sports
Posted on 07 May 2024.

Michael Penix Jr.
Three days after the shocking draft pick crashed into other NFL franchise war rooms like a wrecking ball coming through an adjacent wall, the Atlanta Falcons’ rationale for selecting Michael Penix Jr. at No. 8 overall has been cemented.
The question now is what it means for the remainder of Kirk Cousins’ career.
Publicly and privately, the Falcons’ messaging surrounding their selection of Penix less than two months after signing Cousins to a four-year, $180 million deal are some version of this: Penix has a rare talent that Atlanta believes it will need sooner or later, so the franchise took him while it still had the chance. And the most important part of that decision: Team owner Arthur Blank signed off on it. This is what multiple sources with knowledge of the decision told Yahoo Sports, including those aligned with the Falcons, Penix and Cousins, whose career has now seemingly been locked into a countdown in Atlanta.
Gone is the notion that Blank was somehow in the dark when it came to the Falcons’ plans to target Penix, which became a point of vague speculation after general manager Terry Fontenot was captured on Atlanta’s war room video feed having an animated discussion with the club owner following the pick.
Posted in Sports
Posted on 25 April 2024.

Michael Penix, J.
The chances of four quarterbacks going in the top ten of the NFL Draft is thought to be fairly high. Could it be possible for a fifth to do the same?
Some evaluators believe things could be trending that way, at least according to Adam Schefter of ESPN. In Schefter’s latest draft notes column, he says some are speculating that quarterback Michael Penix Jr. could go as high as No. 8 overall to the Atlanta Falcons.
Most mock drafts have had Penix going in the middle of the first round at best. The suggestion of him potentially going in the top ten is a new one, and potentially a huge reach in the eyes of some evaluators. The Falcons certainly profile as a team that would like to add a quarterback, but the top tier options are likely to be off the board by the time they pick at No. 8.
On the other hand, there is certainly an undercurrent of support for Penix, who has seemingly impressed teams with his pre-draft workouts. A potential landing spot in the first round had been looking more likely, but one has to wonder if even his backers think it would be a reach to pick him that high.
Posted in Sports
Posted on 25 April 2024.

CARNOUSTIE, SCOTLAND – JULY 22: Tiger Woods of the United States acknowledges the crowds after holing a par putt on the ninth hole during the final round of the 147th Open Championship at Carnoustie Golf Club on July 22, 2018 in Carnoustie, Scotland. (Photo by David Cannon/Getty Images)
Tiger Woods
Tiger Woods to receive $100m equity payment for staying loyal to PGA Tour
Tiger Woods will today receive an email from Sawgrass HQ informing him that he will receive up to $100 million in equity for staying loyal to the PGA Tour, with Rory McIlroy benefitting possibly to the tune of $50M for not joining LIV Golf.
Jay Monahan, the PGA Tour commissioner, will press the button on the ultra-personal messages that have been eagerly awaited since Strategic Sports Group — a consortium of US investors led by Liverpool FC owner Fenway Sports — pumped $1.5 billion into PGA Tour Enterprises, the new for-profit company, three months ago.
Posted in Sports
Posted on 25 April 2024.

Dak Prescott
Dak Prescott quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys
Dak Prescott was blamed for another failure of the Dallas Cowboys after an unexpected loss in the playoffs against the Green Bay Packers. With no Super Bowl to show for, owner Jerry Jones answered by not giving him a long awaited contract extension.
Furthermore, considering many salary cap issues, the Cowboys haven’t made big splashes in free agency and lost key players such as running back Tony Pollard and offensive tackle Tyron Smith.
Now, when the entire NFL is watching his situation unfold, Prescott sent a clear message to the Dallas Cowboys. If negotiations aren’t successful, he is absolutely ready to leave in 2025.
I’m not going to say I fear being here or not. I don’t fear either situation, to be candid with you. I love this game and love to play and love to better myself as a player and my teammates around me. Right now it’s with the Dallas Cowboys. It’s where I want to be and that’s where I am and that’s the focus. And, after this season, we’ll see where we’re at and if the future holds that. And then, if not, we’ll go from there.”
Posted in Sports