Archive | Sports

Photos From Vikings Draft Pick Khyree Jackson Fatal Car Crash Released

Photos From Vikings Draft Pick Khyree Jackson Fatal Car Crash Released

Khyree Jackson 

The Dodge Charger the three men were driving in was ripped in half

Photos from the scene of the fatal car crash that resulted in the death of three people including Minnesota Vikings draft pick Khyree Jackson were published last Saturday.

Jackson, a fourth-round pick by the Vikings in April’s draft, was driving in a Dodge Charger with friends Isaiah Hazel and Anthony Lytton early Saturday morning in Upper Marlboro, Maryland. According to a police report, Hazel was driving, Jackson was the front seat passenger, and Lytton was in the back seat. Their vehicle was struck by another vehicle that was going fast and trying to change lanes. The Charger traveled off the side of the road and hit multiple tree stumps before coming to a stop.

Hazel and Jackson were pronounced dead at the scene, while Lytton was taken to a medical center and died there.

Later on Saturday, TMZ Sports released a photo from the crash scene. You can see the Dodge Charger was completely wrecked and unrecognizable.

The Charger was smashed to shreds.

A woman was driving the silver Chevrolet Impala that was speeding and hit two other cars, including the Charger. She also struck an Infinity Q50. Neither the driver of the Impala, Cori Clingman, nor her two passengers, were injured. Neither was the driver of the Infinity.

Jackson, Hazel and Lytton are all friends. Hazel was a football player at Maryland, while Jackson played at both Alabama and Oregon in college before getting drafted.

Posted in SportsComments Off on Photos From Vikings Draft Pick Khyree Jackson Fatal Car Crash Released

Bucs WR Mike Evans Keeps Giving Back To The Next Generation

Bucs WR Mike Evans Keeps Giving Back To The Next Generation

Bucs superstar Mike Evans was spending time with high school and college players, giving them on-field tips and much more.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Mike Evans is a future Hall of Famer, but as incredible as he’s been on the field throughout his NFL career so far, he’s made an even bigger impact off the field.

The latest example of Evans giving back to those around him? Spending time with  high school and college players, giving them on-field tips and much more.

Evans and the Bucs will return for training camp later this month as they prepare for the 2024 NFL season, but for now, the legendary pass-catcher is spending some of his offseason down time giving back to the next generation.

Posted in SportsComments Off on Bucs WR Mike Evans Keeps Giving Back To The Next Generation

Tyreek Hill Makes Clear Statement About His Contract

Tyreek Hill Makes Clear Statement About His Contract

Tyreek Hill

Wide receiver Tyreek Hill left no doubt Monday that he is looking for a new contract from the Miami Dolphins.

Hill told Aaron Wilson of KPRC that he is very proud of the number of wide receivers that have received big contracts this offseason. He also made clear that he is eager to join them.

“Very proud of those guys. Happy for them. Obviously, my teammate, (Jaylen) Waddle, getting his new deal,” Hill said. “For guys like me, that’s great. I’m 30 years old, also looking for a new deal. Very excited to see where I fit in to that category.”

Hill’s agent had dropped some pretty strong hints that the wide receiver wanted a new deal, and Hill is now confirming that. For the Dolphins, that might be a bit of a challenge. As Hill noted, they just gave Jaylen Waddle a huge new deal, and they still need to sort something out with Tua Tagovailoa as well.

Posted in SportsComments Off on Tyreek Hill Makes Clear Statement About His Contract

Black Twitter Reacts to Boxer Ryan Garcia's Racist Non-Stop Rant About Hating Black People

Black Twitter Reacts to Boxer Ryan Garcia’s Racist Non-Stop Rant About Hating Black People

 Ryan Garcia

Disgraced boxer Ryan Garcia has a history of problematic behavior. However, the trouble he’s found himself in recently could  be career-ending — and social media has big thoughts about it.

During a Twitter Spaces in early July, Garcia reportedly made several racist comments, including “I hate n——-s” and “I’m anti-Black,” according to MSNBC. When someone else on the Spaces brought up killing “the next George Floyd,” the boxer allegedly replied that they should “bring George Floyd back to life and kill that n——- again.”

Blackness in your inbox daily. Subscribe to The Root.

In the aftermath of his hateful comments, Garcia was expelled by the World Boxing Council (WBC) and harshly criticized by the boxing world and its fans. A few days later, he apologized on social media, saying in part that he’s “misunderstood.”

“I take all responsibility for my words. I’m misunderstood, I just got a lot of trauma. And It’s been a tough couple of months as everyone can tell but I AM SORRY,” he wrote on X.

“I struggle with substance abuse and it hard for me with everything going on. I actually love Black people no cap which is why I’m actually [sad] I offended all my Black family and friends. This sucks but all I can do is be better and stop using stupid words and letting some people in my circle hype me up. Sorry everyone that I offended. I still stand on stopping Black on Black crime.”

Posted in SportsComments Off on Black Twitter Reacts to Boxer Ryan Garcia’s Racist Non-Stop Rant About Hating Black People

Quincy Wilson Becomes Youngest Male U.S. Track Olympian

Quincy Wilson Becomes Youngest Male U.S. Track Olympian

Quincy Wilson


Quincy Wilson 
is set to become the youngest male American track Olympian after he was selected for the U.S. 4×400-meter relay team.

Announcing the news on Instagram, Wilson, 16, wrote: “WE GOING TO THE OLYMPICS #paris2024 #teamusa.”

While the team will not be formally announced until later this month, Wilson’s coach, Joe Lee, told USA Today that Wilson got the news Sunday. “The call came directly to me from USA Track & Field,” he told the newspaper. “I called Quincy afterwards with the good news.”

Wilson, a student at Bullis School outside Washington, D.C., had a remarkable performance at trials, setting — and subsequently besting — the world record for under-18 runners.

“I’ve never been this happy a day in my life when it comes to track,” Wilson said after he broke the record in the 400-meter semifinals.

Justin Robinson, an American, had held the under-18 world record for the 400-meter dash before Wilson’s runs during trials. Robinson ran 44.84 seconds in 2019, when he was 17 years old.

Posted in SportsComments Off on Quincy Wilson Becomes Youngest Male U.S. Track Olympian

Bronny James Joins Lebron With Lakers As Father-Son Duo Makes NBA History

Bronny James Joins Lebron With Lakers As Father-Son Duo Makes NBA History

Bronny and Lebron James 

The Los Angeles Lakers select Bronny James with the 55th overall pick in the 2nd round of the 2024 NBA Draft.

LeBron James can become teammates next season with his oldest son, Bronny, a dreamy development made possible by many collective efforts.

First, the other 29 teams had to curb any urge to select Bronny in the 2024 NBA Draft presented by State Farm, and all did.

Second, the Los Angeles Lakers, his father’s team since 2018, had to make that choice at No. 55, which was the easiest decision of the entire draft.

Third, LeBron James needed to last 21 years in the league to make this possible, and he carried his end of the deal with amazing results.

Fourth, Bronny James had to play well enough to be worthy, which he did, as a lauded high school guard whose only college season was curtailed, to a degree, by a congenital heart defect.

The future regarding the father’s durability and his son’s ability will be determined soon enough. What is undeniable is this — LeBron James has the chance to share the same NBA court and uniform with his son and create a heartwarming moment, or several, for himself, his family and his fans.

They become the league’s first active father and son duo, which represents a celebratory achievement in several ways. This has happened in other sports, most famously in baseball by Ken Griffey Sr. and Jr., along with Gordie Howe and sons in hockey.

Posted in SportsComments Off on Bronny James Joins Lebron With Lakers As Father-Son Duo Makes NBA History

Sources: Celtics' Jayson Tatum Agrees To 5-Year, $314M Deal

Sources: Celtics’ Jayson Tatum Agrees To 5-Year, $314M Deal

 Jayson Tatum

Boston Celtics star Jayson Tatum has agreed on a five-year, $314 million extension — the largest contract in NBA history — sources told ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski on Monday.

The deal includes a player option and trade kicker, sources said.

Boston Celtics star Jayson Tatum has agreed on a five-year, $314 million extension — the largest contract in NBA history — sources told ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski on Monday.

The deal includes a player option and trade kicker, sources said.

Posted in SportsComments Off on Sources: Celtics’ Jayson Tatum Agrees To 5-Year, $314M Deal

James Harden Agrees To 2-Year Deal With Clippers: Reports

James Harden Agrees To 2-Year Deal With Clippers: Reports

Los Angeles Clippers guard James Harden warms up prior to the game against the Utah Jazz at Crypto.com Arena in Los Angeles on April 12, 2024.

James Harden appeared to cement his future with the Los Angeles Clippers on Sunday as NBA free agency opened around the league.

Harden planned to sign a two-year, $70 million deal with the Clippers, ESPN reported. Sources told The Athletic the deal included a player option for the second year.

The superstar guard forced his way out of the Philadelphia 76ers before the start of the 2023-24 season and was traded to Los Angeles.

He played in 72 games with the Clippers, averaging 16.6 points, 8.5 assists and 5.1 rebounds per game. The Clippers were 51-31 on the year and finished fourth in the Western Conference. However, the Dallas Mavericks eliminated Los Angeles from the playoffs.

Posted in SportsComments Off on James Harden Agrees To 2-Year Deal With Clippers: Reports

Klay Thompson Joins Mavericks On $50 Million Contract 

Klay Thompson Joins Mavericks On $50 Million Contract 

Klay Thompson

The Splash Brothers era officially came to a close on Monday.

Klay Thompson is joining the Mavericks, leaving the Warriors after 11 seasons, four championships and five All-Star Game appearances.

It’s a major win for Dallas, which gets better and prevents the Lakers from securing the long-range sniper.

LeBron James was reportedly willing to take a pay cut for Los Angeles to land Thompson, and even spoke to him at the start of the free agency period on Sunday night, but the 34-year-old chose the Mavericks.

Thompson agreed to a three-year, $50 million deal with the Mavericks, ESPN reported.

1col

Posted in SportsComments Off on Klay Thompson Joins Mavericks On $50 Million Contract 

FSB Office Hours

Monday 9:00 AM 4:00 PM
Tuesday 9:00 AM 4:00 PM
Wednesday 9:00 AM 4:00 PM
Thursday 9:00 AM 2:00 PM
Friday Closed
Saturday Closed
Sunday Closed

Categories

Online Color Edition

Ads

Lottery Education Banner
Tampa Spine & Wellness
QR Codes For App

Categories